Leela is a strong Go playing program combining advances in Go programming and
further original research into a small, easy to use graphical interface.
It is freely available, making it an ideal introduction to the game.
- Strong Go engine including multiprocessor support
- 2008 Computer Olympiad Silver (9x9) and Bronze (19x19) medalist
- Strength about 1 kyu on 19 x 19, dan level on 9 x 9
- Easy to use graphical interface
- Adjustable board size (up to 37x37!), playing levels, handicap and komi
- Fixed strength and time based difficulty levels
- Chinese rules with positional superko
- SGF format loading and saving
- Rated game mode with auto-adjusting difficulty levels
- Analysis mode with best variation and winning odds display
Playing a game, showing predicted territory.
Leela 0.4.6 (2016-04-07)
- Doubled size of pattern database and retuned move prediction.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 0.4.x that severely degraded life and death assessment.
- Other playout fixes improving life and death reading.
- Total playing strength improved by about half a stone.
- Dialogs will now render properly on high-DPI displays.
- Installer no longer requests administrator rights (no UAC prompt).
- Removed lite version. Full version is now free.